Tuesday 22 April 2014

Mitch's Room Tour

If I were to describe my room in five words, these would be the words.
1. Owls
2. Travel
3. Clutter (the good kind)
4. Red
5. Books

I decided to talk about my room for my first post because it literally is my favorite place in the whole world. I think I spend most of my time here and if not, I surely wish I did.

For the most part, I designed my own room and I'll gladly show you around.

Virtually, of course.

First, my desk.


Where the heck do I start?

Sometimes when I'm bored, I love buying some canvas and just painting away. I don't think I'm any good at it though but I just like doing it. These are only two of the paintings I have.

The one on the left is a painting of our garden outside.
The one on the right is a painting of a Camellia (?) flower.

I know it's too much stuff to keep on  top of your desk but I barely use it anyway. Ever since graduating, I do everything I can to avoid doing work at home.

When I get home, I sleep. No questions asked.

If you use your desk though it's always good to keep MINIMAL things on it so you can maximize your work space. Keep only the essentials and put everything else, elsewhere.

This may sound odd but next, I'd like to show you my closet door.


A few months ago, I wanted to take a photo of a polaroid picture I took so that I could post it on Instagram. I couldn't find a decent surface to use as a background for my Instagram picture so I decided to tape the polaroid onto my closet door and take a photo of the photo.

I liked how the polaroid looked against the red color so I bought a pack of sticky tack and started my Instax wall.

When you're sticking things onto walls, it's best to use sticky tack cause that reduces the damage the adhesive makes onto your wall.

The next wall I'll show you is probably my most favorite.


This is the wall on the right side of my bed.

It has most of the souvenirs that I have acquired during some of my travels. Some of these are gifts that people have given me during their travels.

Basically, this wall oozes wanderlust.

I'm hoping to fill it up some more in the near future.


The wall above is also a fave of mine.

We've moved houses quite a lot in my childhood and this clock is one of the pieces we used in one of our old house.

It used to be in the game room.

I decided to put it into my room as a nostalgic element.

The little paintings on the walls are actually coasters that I got from Montemarte in Paris. It's probably my favorite place in all of Paris and I'm glad I got these as a keepsake.

They're all little replicas of Lautrec's works.

If you hate clutter, then kindly just skip over the next photo.


Above my TV, I have these two hanging shelves that houses all my knick knacks. I'll just run through everything I have quickly.

Top Shelf (L-R)
A clock from... Switzerland(?) (I'm not sure, my mom got it for me)
Two of my owls from my owl collection
My prom picture
A Plaque for Studying Too Much
Prints of Mark Ecko's Graphic Work
My piggy bank
And a crapload more of my paintings

Bottom Shelf (L-R)
Photos from various events
The drumstick of Andy Hurley that I got from a concert
A baby owl
A Vase from Vigan
A random broken alarm clock
Another one of my owls
A small Chest from Vigan
A Tube of Boxer shorts minus the Boxer Shorts
Some of my favorite books

If you have a ton of knick knacks, it's best to just restrict them to one area of your room.


The next area is the right side of my door.

My mom and I (and sometimes my sister) go to furniture fairs a lot so I have a collection of ID's hanging on my door knob.

Yes, I'm a pack-rat.

Don't even ask about my chopsticks.

The area on the right of Hawaiian kermit is where I generally dump the bags that I bring everyday. Behind them is my full-length mirror that's also the door to my restroom.

This design for a door is super awesome if your room is too small and you want to have maximize your space.


As for the photo above, I honestly just got them cause I thought they'd match my room. I've never been to New York and I'm not emotionally attached to these as I am with the other things.

It's a good investment though cause these three prints have been with me to a couple of my styling projects and photo shoots.


The photo above is the left side of my TV.

It's initially supposed to be my accessories area which is now housing the overflow of books that I have. I have this problem of hoarding books from the sale section of bookstores.

A good way to collect all of your loose odds and ends is to get a cute little decorative dish and place them all into the dish.

Also, a good way to store or display your bracelets and bangles would be to go to the kitchen section of the department store and grab a mug tree.

Here I have another inspiration board filled with funny quotes and pictures of the guys from Nsync.

Don't ask.

Finally, I'd like to show you my washi wall.


Here I keep random tickets, photos and letters that I just feel like I cannot part with. They're all stuck on the wall with washi tape.

I kinda think it's a bad idea to stick things onto your wall with washi tape cause I'm sure it'll leave a mark but oh well!

I'm sure I'll find a way to cover it up when I do decide to bring these down.

So, that's pretty much most of my room.

Your room doesn't have to be impeccably clean to be beautiful. It simply needs to reflect your personality.

(That was me trying to justify my clutter.)

So, that's it for me, for now!

Let us know what else you'd like to see from us.

Or just let us know that we're not talking to ourselves here.

Well....

Alright!

Talk to you later!

-Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment